Saturday, March 27, 2010

The footprints you left

"Some people come into our lives, and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on your heart. And we are never, ever the same."


Little did you know that you made a difference. Not a difference that is noticeable, but you changed my life. A difference that made me who I am today, a difference that has helped shaped me. A difference that now makes me realize whats important in life, and what I can do without. A difference that makes me live life to the fullest, a difference that has me living with no regrets.
You came into my life, but then left me. I was falling day in and day out, until I finally hit the ground. Little did I know, that you wouldn't be there to catch me. I had to pick myself up, and dust the dirt off my shoulders, and walked away like nothing ever happened. Being with you made me whole, complete. I could be myself around you and not care about anything.
All the days it was just me and you, you and me, I had the biggest smile on my face. You touched my life like no other guy has. Each and everyday you left your own special and unique footprint on my heart, leaving your trademark. I know people come and go from our lives each and every day, but I didn't think we would come to that. I don't know if you realize how big of a part of my life you were, what you made me. As I go through out each day, living my life the way that's best for me, I catch myself thinking back, and feeling those footprints still on my heart.
It may hurt me, but in the end I know it was for the best. Those footprints will forever be on my heart, each one having its own meaning. A part of you will never leave me, that part making me whole. I don't regret anything we had, for that time was one of the best. You were my all, my everything. I know you wouldn't want me to be in any pain. And when I am, that's when I sit back and close my eyes to feel those footprints you left on my heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment