Saturday, April 3, 2010

The real me

As I let my mind wander, and the thoughts fly out of my head, it feels so good. To not care for once. To be myself, and not some girl that everyone wants me to be, who they think I am. Looking out the window, the sun shining so bright, the rays warming my body up and down. The breeze picks up, and sends a chill running though my spine. Step by step a new thought leaves my mind, and one less thing to worry about. My shoulders relax, and I can breathe. I can look myself in the eyes when I look at that water. Soul searching maybe. To find out more about myself. The wind blows my hair back off my face as I start to sit down. And sitting down on the grass by the slow running creek, puts me to sleep. As my eyes close and my mind wanders a little more, I cant help but thinking about life and everything about it. How I am the luckiest girl on this planet, to have a living and healthy family. To be healthy. To attend school. To have friends. To have people that love me and care about me. To have a place to live, and have clothes on my back. And that's not even close to half of it. Curled up on the ground, I feel like me, the true me. That other thought that crosses my mind and makes me think. The girl that I am proud to be. Its who I am. Accept me, don't change me. Love me, don't hate me. See me for who I am, not who you want me to be. It feels good to have my mind loose, blank. Everything gone. To just lay there relaxed and enjoying the beautiful spring day. The flowers blooming and tress getting all the leafs back. The grass becoming green and the blue skies floating by. Now I cant help but smile, from ear to ear. I don't want to get up, but with the day coming to and end and the blue skies becoming dark, I have no choice but to get up and take that walk back home. To walk past the calm lake, and see all the people with a smile on their face too, having a wonderful time. To meet all the other people walking, and talking with their friends. To see the cars drive by with the music blaring. To see the kids swinging at the playground as the birds chirp. To see the love birds hand in hand, walking to the perfect picnic spot. The driveway is just around the corner as I come back, and get a grasp on my thoughts and my mind. Such a wonderful day, couldn't have asked for more. I know whats important and have my life in control now. I found the inner me and who I am. I'm comin' home as the real me with a smile from ear to ear. And people will wonder. But never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment