Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl, Mommy's Little Angle

Those big blue eyes,
That HUGE grin going from ear to ear.
The soft little fingers and toes,
Interlacing with yours.

All the baby clothes,
The diapers and pascafires.
And the typical eat, sleep, poop.

You hear the cries,
Turning into whines.
Now she's talking.
Oh the time flies!

All the flashbacks from when she was little,
Now you turn around and she's walking down the asile.
You remember how you used to tuck her in at night,
Give her a kiss on the check.

All the late night talks,
Early morning wake up calls.
The tears shed,
Laughs and smiles had.

You remember the boy talks,
The shopping trips.
All the boy things you tried to get ther to do.
Painting her nails.

Back to the day when she was 16,
Driving and the slamming doors at 1 A.M.
The parties and the sleepovers.
All the cute girly giggles.

That beautiful smile,
The long walks.
Hand in hand.
Heart to heart.

Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.
The father daughther dance, mother daughter is next.
She looks so beautiful.
That white dress, make up on.

You look her in the eye.
Tears rolling down both cheacks.
"I love you so much. I don't know what I would have done with out you. You were my life, my all. You made me the person I am today.."
Is what she tells you

Your heart fills with warmth,
As the tears continue on.
Thats my little girl, my little angle.
Always has been, always will be....